13 December 2010

W E E K L Y / M U S I C



1.
“howlin for you” (black keys) – one of my latest obsessions, the black keys is comprised of two talented guys from ohio that have found the perfect balance of earthy, bluesy, & rhythmic sounds to create an album full of funk. i chose this particular song as it showcases each element that the black keys combines. a total win.

2. “kiss” (prince) – trying to get motivated to plan your new years eve festivities this year? pop in prince’s “the hits / the b sides” album & start with “kiss.” guaranteed to get your mind going and ideas flowing. not to mention “kiss” is the perfect example of how prince influenced the musical movement of pop music.

3. “dragon queen” (yeah yeah yeahs) – yeah yeah yeahs have an infectious sound that’ll keep you wanting more. lead singer karen o’s voice is soft & edgy & the memorable hook that leads into the bridge of this track has had me playing on repeat since the day it dropped!

column: dana salant
artwork: bri emery

2 comments:

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

my fave prince song is erotic city. makes me bop back and forth like a dancin' peanuts character.

jonalynn said...

I want to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in concert sooooooo bad. I love the acoustic version of "Skeletons."

www.turnuptherad.blogspot.com