23 February 2011

L E T S G E T P E R S O N A L





b:
"where is somewhere you get inspiration other than the world wide web?"

j: "Now - tricky random question Bri! I LOVE my internet, and I find sooo much inspiration daily sitting in front of my imac... however, I do also love to while away hours cruising second-hand book shops and thrift stores grazing through old mags, antique books and racks and racks of vintage dresses! There is so much design and textile print inspiration just waiting to be discovered...My favorite places to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon 'op-shopping' are the Lost and Found Market in Collingwood, The Chapel St Bazaar in Prahran, Melbourne and The Mill Markets in Geelong.

today for {day in the life} I wanted to share with you someone that inspires me! you know how sometimes you run across a blog and think to yourself that you have found your design soul mate? well, that happens to me when i visit the aviary! i love how inspired mary is by patterns and tiny colored triangles. are you feelin her items? follow the links to call them your own:

1. Swimsuit 2. Deer Sculpture 3. Aesop Hand Cream + Gift Kit Packaging 4. Necklace 5. Walnut Dresser 6. Surfboard 7. Geometric Rug 8. Spaces Magazine

7 comments:

Elise / Pennyweight said...

Love LOVE this! That swimsuit is unbelievable.

Ashley @ Susie B. Mag said...

I too have been lusting after this swimsuit! Zimmermann makes the most incredible suits (especially sexy one pieces). Wish I knew where to try one on...

Aliza said...

Gr8 stuff there!

Cori Magee said...

Must have that swimsuit for my Vegas bachelorette weekend in May!! Must.

erin said...

oh, amazing. that swimsuit is killer.

gfs said...

I love Chapel St Bazaar too, my last purchase was an awesome old orange glass jar! Now I can't wait to check out the other stores when I head over to Melbourne in April!

Mary Rose / Aviary Studio said...

Jas, yes definitely check out the Lost and Found market in Collingwood next month - you will LOVE it!