14 February 2011

C O O K F R O M T H E H I P



for my birthday, my boyfriend got me (and him) a cooking class at Hipcooks! it is three hours of learning mad knife skills, drinking wine, and cooking a delicious dinner to eat! we made butternut squash (and a mushroom/lemon) risotto, a few different types of bruschetta (the goat cheese being my favorite) and ginger-raspberry creme brulee. who knew it was that easy to make such a fancy dessert! it was such a fun experience and it all went down in this cool loft space at The Brewery. and guess what, it is only $55 a person! nothin right? see all of the classes they offer right here!

12 comments:

Katy said...

Ooh. Want the colander lampshades.

jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

sounds like so much fun! the space looks amazing with the colander lamps and chalkboard wall. also, the creme brulee looks delicious!

annawithlove said...

adorable! and looks so delicious! xo
annawithlove

katieae said...

that's such a cute idea! and i love what you made. i'm always intimidated to cook fancy things.

Dee said...

awesome! everything looks so yummy!

Unknown said...

OOH! I bought a class for the hubby as his Valentine! Your post reaffirms my choice!

Can I bring my own apron?

bri. said...

yes bring your own! :)

lark + linen said...

my best friends got me an indian cooking class for my birthday this year. This has me excited to redeem it!

Joy said...

Thanks for the write-up Bri! You guys were a super fun class. : )

XO Joy

Apt. #34 said...

We're taking a risotto class on Thursday - was my gift to the huz! Taking pics is a brills idea. Hugs to you!

Apt. #34 said...

We're taking a risotto class on Thursday - was my gift to the huz! Taking pics is a brills idea. Hugs to you!

Kelty said...

We did hip cooks, too! one of my best spent hours. we did spring rolls and wrapped salmon stuffed with mushrooms... amazing!