07 March 2010

S T I T C H E S



let me explain the current situation to you. i had every intention of putting my bathing suit on and reading outside on the balcony so i didn't look like Casper the ghost in Mexico next week. so i am sitting here at my computer - in my bathing suit. Natalie is sewing a beautiful tribal dress, and i am of course...BLOGGING. the word that has taken over my vocabulary. I'm so attached to designlovefest, i feel like it is my kid or something.


we are also singing at the top of our lungs to "oh Happy Day" from sister act 2, "queen of the night" from Whitney Houston, "my all" from Maria Carey, and of course "a change is gonna come" by my fave Sam Cooke. (and many more) what can we say? we are pretty fabulous singers, we think.

on to a fun topic: my pillows are done! the wool looks amazing, the patterns work perfectly together. it's like they are all in a polygamous relationship together, i love it. and of course my new Ampersand pillow fits in perfectly as the child.




last night, i went to a house party. i was like, "eh, i guess I'll go out." (even though i secretly wanted to stay in and hang out at my desk...looossseerrr). but i did it, i put on lipstick even! i got to the party...everything was normal and fine, small talk central. then all of a sudden, i had the time of my life. i laughed for 6 hours straight i think. i even yelled out at the end of the night "wow, i totally underestimated every single one of you!" (sounds mean, but i think it didn't sound as mean in person.) i met a lot of great people, and let's just say i am happy i divorced this desk for the night. because laughing is my favorite activity in the whole wide world.





Follow d e s i g n . l o v e . f e s t

1 comment:

someotherspring said...

I know... who would have thought a group that random would be such gems. I am glad you were by my side- you and your red lipstick! I love you my friend.