05 March 2010

I N N E R / B A T T L E


flickr

well, aren't they cute. just drinking coffee and reading a romantic love story.
no, actually they aren't cute and they make me want to throw up that they get to sit on that couch together so leisurely and enjoy each others company. you know what, screw them, and he looks really dumb with his leg crossed like that in his baseball hat, and i hope she is really bored by that literature. actually i hope they are in a big fight, hence the body language.

and this rant is a direct result of me just finding out that Arian is going to be spending yet another week in China, when I thought he was coming home to me in just 2 days!! and i have been waiting so patiently too! but this is just too much. GOD, why are you testing me, it isn't funny anymore! i miss him, i am very sad, and that is that.

speaking of patience. i have become, well one could say "obsessed" with interior design lately. specifically in my house. i have dreams about new side tables and cashmere throw blankets, beautiful new sofas, metal framed chairs...i mean really, the list goes on and on.
one problem though.

im unemployed. yeeeaah. (ok i know im doing freelance and all that jazz, but still)
so last night i was laying in bed trying to sleep for about 2 hours and all i could think about was lounging around with the heat on in my perfectly decorated craftsman home curled up on the couch with my fuzzy new throw blanket. (ha!) this is how the conversation with myself went:

Bri (dreamer): maybe i will just buy a new couch tomorrow, i mean, it is an INVESTMENT, right! i am an adult, i need things like this.
Bri (realistic): hmm, maybe you should wait till you land that perfect new job, you already have a couch
Bri (dreamer): but i have savings, and this will make me really happy
Bri (realistic): there is nothing wrong with the sofa that you have now!
Bri (dreamer): yes there is, it absolutely doesn't fit my personality anymore!
Bri (realistic): yes it does
Bri (dreamer): no it does NOT
Bri (realistic): you know what bri, good things come to those who wait.
Bri (dreamer): psssshhh, waiting is for pansies. i want that couch now, and guess what there is like 60 other things on my list too, so don't even get me started on those.
Bri (realistic): you have a great house now, you sound like a crazy person. you should stop "wanting" all the time.
Bri (dreamer): yeah, i should just wait it out. i am going to be moving in with arian into a loft in less than a year anyways, i should really just wait and see what the layout is like there...i love this house now, i am being unreasonable.
Bri (realistic): now we're talking.
Bri (dreamer): (thinks for a moment) no, actually i still really want that couch. i am going to look online tomorrow. eh, i am not tired, i am going to look it up right NOW. so take that realistic brain, you are of no use to me.


so i am currently selling the realistic side of my brain, because i am apparently no longer using it. $40 bucks. takers?

goodnight.



Follow d e s i g n . l o v e . f e s t

No comments: