05 March 2010

G R A P H I C / D E S I G N

help! my sleep schedule is completely backwards and it's not a cute look for me. i stay up entirely too late working, and then sleep till (too embarrassed to say). today I worked on some little buttons for ban.do tote bags (round one) and I worked on some business cards for my roommate. (and all the while i had to catch up on the crazy Ramona eyes in Real Housewives of NY)

i have noticed in the economic state we are in, people love a good ole trade. so we went to the fabric store and I picked out 4 mismatched wool fabrics that look like 4 of my great-grandfather's suits, and she sewed me up some super awesome over sized couch pillows! and i just adore them. (photos to come) In exchange I am working on some business cards for her. it's like the Oregon Trail up in here with all this bartering going on. minus the buffalo and bonnets. i swear our house has turned into this craft mania crazed place with pillow batting everywhere and all sorts of really professional graphic terminology being spoken. but we love it.

anyways, yes, i am a graphic designer. i promise that i don't just blog all day and do nothing else worthwhile with my time.

usually i do NOT like showing my work until it is finished, but hey what the heck it's 2 pm and I am not even remotely tired, so why not show a little work in progress...





and these are just ideas.








Follow d e s i g n . l o v e . f e s t

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the second set of buttons, really adorable and a great looking set. And the ideas in the business card are great, the grey, striped, stitching really nice! I think it would be great to see a pop of color or even a darker grey in that circle. Really great look though, I'm excited to see how it turns out!