16 November 2009

T H E / G E T T Y

well, i am so happy i dragged myself to the Getty on Sunday, it was SO worth it. The property is gorgeous, and the whole day was affordable and fun! My favorite parts were the Photo Exhibit that was on display there: Irving Penn - Small Trades. They had about 250 photos he shot in the 50's in major cities around the world of commoners, workers and just everyday people. I loved how it was all shot with the same dramatic lighting, with the same backdrop.

The Getty is such a great date place, boys! You park for $15, the museum is free and you can enjoy the sunset with a cheap bottle of wine or some coffee on the patios overlooking the city. Very romantic.

I also loved looking at the European decorative room displays. All of the elaborate fabric, and lovely pastel color combos. It felt like I was playing Marie Antoinette.












































it was a wonderful Sunday.



Follow d e s i g n . l o v e . f e s t

2 comments:

mar said...

im reposting some of your polas!!
just let me know if you're not okay w/ it

thanks!!
loved the "cheap bottle of wine" scene on my mind!

mk said...

so mad i missed out!! i was zonked out all afternoon. love the pics.
xoxo