20 November 2009

Q & A

i wanted to let everyone know I really appreciate all of your sweet comments and thank all of you for your interest in designlovefest! It truly means a lot to me and I am flattered by all of the response i have been getting.

I wanted to take the time to answer some of the comments and emails I have been receiving lately from some of my lovely readers....





Q: "How do you find all of the photos for your blog!?"

A: Alright, listen up people, there is a wholeeee blog world out there, that if you haven't discovered yet, BEWARE, it is addicting. But worth it & completely awesome. Take the time to check out some of the blogs I have on the side of my blog, they are very inspirational, and will lead you all over the place. It is a never ending journey of cool photos. Also, I just do intense amounts of research about design in general, i gotta stay on top of my game.

Q: "How do you find time to post SO much on your blog AND have a job?"

A: Crazy time management skills mixed with 3/4 passion and addiction to design. You have to eat and breath what you love to do. I am constantly working on side projects, and if things are slow, I just do tutorials, read magazines, look at design websites. It is a constant process, and let me tell you, sometimes it can be draining that is for SURE. But tomorrow I will always wake up wanting more.


Q: "How did you get into graphic design?"

A: I have to say I think I just got lucky here. When I was a kid, I enjoyed arts & crafts, when I got older, I noticed myself spending more time on the actual presentation of an English project. I would make posters and line up everything and really go the extra mile to make it impressive. I started a journal, where I really learned that mixed media was a true love of mine. I experimented with layouts - even if that meant cutting up pictures and deciding where the type would best fit. I would look at magazines as a teenager and I just knew that's what I wanted to do. Graphic design is a scary field- along with any other creative field. You look over your shoulder and see someone with a bad ass idea and think "man, i wish I had thought of that." But those are the moments you just soak in, learn from and move forward with more knowledge. Graphic design is a feeling you get in your gut when the type feels wrong, or placement makes you cringe. I think it was just something I was born to do. (thankfully)


Q: "You and your boyfriend are adorable, are you having someone follow you around with a camera to take all of these amazing photos?"

A: This one makes me laugh and smile. Thank you! And no, we don't have a paparazzi. Arian loves photography, and I might have to admit I am having an affair with the self-timer on his nice camera.

Q: "Are you available for freelance projects such as postcards, lookbook, website design?"

A: That last part, "website design" makes me cringe a little bit, I must admit. I am not a HTML nerd, quite yet, although I do aspire to be one. I do website LAYOUT design, but not the whole sha-bang yet. As far as postcards and all that jazz...ABSOLUTELY. I am known for taking on a lot, and loving it. I would love to work with you on invitations, editorial, anything your little heart desires.

Q: "What website do you look at most often?"

A: Um, can I list 500? That would be about accurate. Hmmm...LATELY I have been very into Dezeen, Apartment Therapy, FormFifyFive, Paper Mode & LovelyPackage.


Q: "You and your friends are always doing cool things in LA, can you give me some restaurant suggestions?"

A: OOOOOooo, my fave topic: FOOD. okay, one of my favorites. Isn't dining out the best? I am quite obsessed with finding restaurants and telling the world about them. Here is a list of a few that I love and would recommend anyday....



Silverlake:
Dusty's - a cute little spot - great place for Sunday brunch, cheap mimosas.
Milly's - fell in love with this classic diner, the rosemary potatoes mmmmm
Cafe Stella - feelin fancyyy? go here and be romanced
The Cliffs Edge - feels like a treehouse- adorable decor - great staff, wonderful date!
Pho Cafe - Let's just say I eat here like 3 times a week. Good for the soul & the waistline.
Speranza - get the pasta, go with a date or a group of friends, and BYOB! patio with lights!

Los Feliz:
The Alcove - mismatched chairs, patio makes you feel wonderful, the food is wonderful! especially the breakfast!
Home- and it feels like it. Good, comforting California food. Hits the spot.
Niko Niko - Service is great, sushi rolls are just yum yum yum.
Fred 62: go there in the middle of the night after a night on the town

West Hollywood/Hollywood:
Soi 56: Thai, yes please
Chan Darea: Even more thai, affirmative. Pad thai all night.
Izakaya- One of my fave sushi places in town. Get the Robert Roll.
Jones - grab a drink with friends - have pizza or pasta and feel FULL.
Food + Lab - what a cute cafe! Their presentations, to die for.
Blu Jam- my home, my heart, my breakfast spot, my birthday venue
Wow Bento - Cheap, cheap, cheap. And surprisingly good sushi.
Lulu's - i love you eggs benedict.
Cobras & Matadors - tapas, BYOB, intimate
RoRo's - cheap lebonese - garlic sauce, um its crazy good.
Koi- obv an expensive date, but omg i love it.
Hungry Cat - if you love seafood as much as me.

Downtown:
The Must - wine bar/tapas, great energy
Blossom - Pho one more time
Pete's Cafe & Bar - go there.


thats all i can think of on the top of my head...man that was hard. bon appetit!


Alright friends, I will be answering more questions as they come to me :) Hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me. Loveee.



Follow d e s i g n . l o v e . f e s t

1 comment:

mk said...

i already know you, but LOVED reading this!!