11 September 2009


A R T / W A L K



Photobucket
photos of me by arian


arian and i enjoyed a lovely night last night at the Art Walk that goes on once a month in Downtown LA. (and we ate at Blossom, a Pho restaurant that was a highlight of the night) The streets fill with interesting characters selling their prized art, some of which is quite good, and some of which a 3 year old could create (but hey, i think all art is art, which me and arian fight about all the time. My feelings are that someone had a reason to put that down on paper/canvas and they were feeling a certain way and who are we to judge that. now i didnt say i have to love everything and want it all in my living room, but i just dont like to hate on artists. UNLESS they are charging entirely too much money for something, then that bugs me. enough about this though...)

Anyways, cara and I bought Arian a Clash poster/London Calling (early bday present) for his room and he bought a handmade candle holder that is too cool for words.




Photobucket


I have taken Arian's room as my very own little creative project.

There is kind of a funny story about this...My mom has been coming to town for years, and almost everytime thinks of a better way to rearrange my room, or a better way to hang things on the walls etc...EVERY TIME i am sort of defensive and hesitant to change it because I am being stubborn. Then I give in and let her change it, and i ALWAYS am pleased with the outcome and feel slightly bad for fighting it. (she knows what she is doing, I need to just trust).

SOOOO....I have learned quite a few things about arrangements, and decided to present Arian with a little sketch of how we could change his room (without being too controlling of course) and he agreed that we could try it. Well, it probably looks about 100 times better and he is WAY happy with it (although he had the same hesitation I did with my mother...that feeling like "its MY room, and i want it MY way"...) But he has allowed me to instruct him on things to buy and his room is coming together quite beautifully. i just love decorating...

DOES THIS MEAN I AM TURNING INTO MY MOTHER?? (not that it would be a bad thing)


Anyways, we have been going to the Art Walk since last year, and I like to think its what made him and I closer. (because we used to go as friends first) We saw this MKA piece last year (see below) that I just loved. Arian took photos of it and made me a cool (smaller) picture to hang in my room. i thought that was very thoughtful and sweet.




Photobucket
ARIAN & BRI 2008


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Follow d e s i g n . l o v e . f e s t





No comments: